Monday’s Tonganoxie City Council meeting canceled
Monday’s Tonganoxie City Council meeting was canceled for lack of a quorum.
The meeting has been rescheduled for Monday, Oct. 17.
Council members Dennis Bixby and Bill Peak were unable to attend the meeting when they experienced car trouble on their way back from a Kansas League of Municipalities function in Wichita. Councilman Andy Gilner is out of town, and Mayor Jason Ward is in Tennessee where his law firm in litigation.
On the meeting’s agenda was further discussion financing options for extending utilities to the CR1 industrial park, the city administrator search and the opportunity to apply for a Kansas Department of Transportation grant to make safety improvements at Laming Road and Stone Creek/South Park drives on U.S. Highway 24-40.
That last issue apparently would have drawn a number of residents to the meeting. City Administrator Mike Yanez said about six cars with residents wanting to talk on the issue pulled up in front of the council chamber to attend the meeting as he waited outside to notify residents the meeting was canceled.
More like this story
- Meeting canceled for lack of quorum
- Monday's Tonganoxie City Council meeting canceled due to inclement weather
- Tonganoxie City Council meeting rescheduled for Wednesday; Tuesday's Tonganoxie Community Historical Society meeting canceled
- Tonganoxie City Council Dec. 27 meeting canceled
- Inclement weather forces cancellation of special school board, city council meetings