Linn County man in fair condition following wreck
A 74-year-old Linn County man was injured in a motorcycle accident just after 10 a.m. Thursday about a mile south of Tonganoxie. As of Tuesday the man, Eldon L. Barrett, improved to fair condition, a Kansas University Hospital official said.
Barrett was heading north on U.S. Highway 24-40 when his steering column started to wobble and he lost control of the bike, two people who were riding motorcycles with Barrett told Leavenworth County Sheriff’s officials.
Lt. Mark Metcalf with the sheriff’s office said it appeared Barrett lost control of the bike, went off to the right of the road and hit a ditch. The bike, with Barrett still on it, traveled about 20 yards before coming to rest in a field. Metcalf said Barrett suffered a leg injury, but he was unsure whether there were additional injuries. Barrett was taken by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services to KU Hospital. Barrett was wearing a helmet, Metcalf said, and is from Parker, about 15 miles south of Osawatomie.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues