McLouth Public Library’s Book Discussion Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday at the library in downtown McLouth. For more information, call (913) 796-2225.
• All are invited to an evening of Halloween music presented by the University of Saint Mary Community Band and Concert Chorale at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Xavier Theater, on the USM campus in Leavenworth. There will be a costume contest for children. Admission is free.
• McLouth’s Parents As Teachers Fall Fun Costume Playgroup will meet from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, in McLouth Community Center/Library. Please — no scary costumes for little impressionable minds. Activities will include a pumpkin smash, using play dough, goop play, frosting pumpkin cookies and leaf collages.
Parents As Teachers Playgroups welcome all families in the community with children younger than 3 years of age (Older siblings may attend). Playgroups are led by a parent educator and will have activities that are enriching in the areas of language, social-emotional, motor and intellectual development. Playgroups are literacy-based, meaning the theme is based on a children’s book. The activities are for parents and children to enjoy together as well as with friends from the playgroup. For more information, contact Jennifer Klamm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 845-1519.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or
More like this story
- Mott would be Kansas' first transgender House member
- Salute to seniors
- New Tonganoxie Elementary School creates 'excitement and pride'
- Suspect identified in case involving threatening message at Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Solid starts help Tonganoxie High volleyball to sweeps of Bishop Seabury, Perry-Lecompton