Tonganoxie, McLouth cross country teams to compete in regionals Saturday
The Tonganoxie and McLouth cross country teams will be competing in Class 4A and 3A regionals respectively Saturday.
Tonganoxie High will compete at Wyandotte County Park in Bonner Springs for the 4A event, while McLouth High will run at the Leonardville Golf Course in Leonardville in its 3A meet.
De Soto is the host for the 4A regional. Joining DHS and Tonganoxie are Atchison, Baldwin (the defending state champs for both boys and girls), Basehor-Linwood, Bonner Springs, Santa Fe Trail, Eudora, Bishop Ward, Piper, Sumner Academy, St. James Academy, Jeff West, Perry-Lecompton, Spring Hill and Topeka-Hayden.
The girls race starts at 2 p.m.; the boys race begins at 2:30 p.m.
In McLouth’s regional, Riley County is the host. Joining McLouth and RCHS are Council Grove, Pleasant Ridge, Atchison County, Horton, Marysville, Rossville, Sabetha, Nemaha Valley, Silver Lake, Rock Creek, St. Marys and Riverside.
The girls race starts at 3:30 p.m.; the boys race begins at 4:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Tonganoxie High School track teams look to build on 2014
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Tonganoxie High girls can't get past Piper in substate title game