Blood drive is Friday at Tonganoxie High School
Tonganoxie High School Student Council will be playing host to a Community Blood Center blood drive from 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Friday in the Tonganoxie High School east gymnasium.
Walk-ins are welcome and will be served first over student appointments.
Anyone 18 and older is eligible to donate blood. Students who are 16 or 17 can donate with a parent signature.
Organizers ask that anyone planning to donate send an email to Sherrie Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the high school at (913) 845-2654 so they can anticipate the number of participants, but it’s not required.
According to the Community Blood Center, an individual in the area needs a blood transfusion every four minutes. In addition, Community Blood Centers in Kansas and Missouri need 580 pints of blood each day to meet the needs of local hospitals.
More like this story
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map