Blood drive is Friday at THS
The Tonganoxie High School Student Council will be playing host to a Community Blood Center blood drive from 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Friday in the Tonganoxie High School east gymnasium. Walk-ins are welcome and will be served first over student appointments.
Anyone 18 and older is eligible to donate blood. Students who are 16 or 17 can donate with a parent signature.
Organizers ask that anyone planning to donate send an email to Sherrie Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the high school at (913) 845-2654 so they can anticipate the number of participants, but it’s not required.
According to the Community Blood Center, an individual in the area needs a blood transfusion every four minutes. In addition, Community Blood Centers in Kansas and Missouri need 580 pints of blood each day to meet the needs of local hospitals.
More like this story
- Kansas Chamber backs GOP schools bill; educators opposed
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly