Blood drive is Friday at THS
The Tonganoxie High School Student Council will be playing host to a Community Blood Center blood drive from 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Friday in the Tonganoxie High School east gymnasium. Walk-ins are welcome and will be served first over student appointments.
Anyone 18 and older is eligible to donate blood. Students who are 16 or 17 can donate with a parent signature.
Organizers ask that anyone planning to donate send an email to Sherrie Evans at email@example.com or call the high school at (913) 845-2654 so they can anticipate the number of participants, but it’s not required.
According to the Community Blood Center, an individual in the area needs a blood transfusion every four minutes. In addition, Community Blood Centers in Kansas and Missouri need 580 pints of blood each day to meet the needs of local hospitals.
More like this story
- Remember When: A Community Review for March 1, 2017
- Powerball winning numbers drawn tonight: A look at the winners and losers
- Kansas Chamber backs GOP schools bill; educators opposed
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social