David and Jane Turner attended the International Federation of Leather Guilds’ annual show Oct. 14-16 in Albuquerque, N.M. They spent two more days in New Mexico’s largest city and then stayed two days in Santa Fe. They returned home Friday evening after stopping in Emporia for a visit and dinner with Kathy Stimac and Terry Drennon.
Jim and Jean Ann Murry played host to a Sunday celebration for the 85th birthday of Jim’s mother, Jean Murry. There were a lot of relatives there.
On Thursday, Orville and Rosie Oelschlaeger were dinner guests of Gary and Linda Blanton of rural Highland. Other guests were Gen and Barbara Speaks of Troy.
Orville and Rosie Oelschlaeger attended the wedding of her niece, Ashley Morris, and Sam Procter Saturday evening at the Countryside Christian Church east of Topeka.
Eric Barnett of McLouth was a dinner guest of Thamar Barnett Monday evening.
There is still time to order pies from Jarbalo United Methodist Women. They are making unbaked, frozen pumpkin pies Nov. 3. The deadline to order is Oct. 30. Call Marilyn Oxley at (913) 369-3289 or Thamar Barnett at (913) 727-1727. Pick-up time will be from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Nov. 10 and 17.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High to stage 'Twelve Angry Jurors' for final night tonight
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie City Hall's Teresa Bastron
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September