Man hurt in rollover wreck released from KU Hospital
A 19-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man was taken to an area hospital following a Friday rollover accident south of Tonganoxie in which he was ejected from the vehicle.
About 6:20 p.m. Friday, Christopher A. Burch was driving a 2001 Toyota Camry Solara north on U.S. Highway 24-40 when his vehicle left the road and entered the ditch, according to Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office reports. Burch’s vehicle hit the bottom of the ditch sideways and rolled twice before coming to rest on its top. Burch was ejected through the back window of the vehicle and landed with his left leg under the roof of the vehicle. Burch was taken to Kansas University Hospital by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services, reports said.
He was treated and released Saturday, a hospital official said Tuesday.
Tonganoxie Township Fire Department personnel also responded and Heartland Tow removed the vehicle from the scene, reports said. The accident occurred about a mile south of Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday