Report of jumper from 24-40 bridge turns out to be false
Local officers were dispatched about noon Monday after a report of a man jumping from the U.S. Highway 24-40 bridge over County Road 5, but it turned out to be a misunderstanding.
Tonganoxie deputy police chief Billy Adcox said the man told officers that he and another man were having a discussion and the other man would not leave him alone, so he walked underneath the bridge.
Officers caught up with the man near the other bridge northwest of the Tonganoxie High School campus on U.S. Highway 24-40.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures