Report of jumper from 24-40 bridge turns out to be false
Local officers were dispatched about noon Monday after a report of a man jumping from the U.S. Highway 24-40 bridge over County Road 5, but it turned out to be a misunderstanding.
Tonganoxie deputy police chief Billy Adcox said the man told officers that he and another man were having a discussion and the other man would not leave him alone, so he walked underneath the bridge.
Officers caught up with the man near the other bridge northwest of the Tonganoxie High School campus on U.S. Highway 24-40.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High to stage 'Twelve Angry Jurors' for final night tonight
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Carissa Welsh
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street