Come to the Great Pumpkin Party Community Carnival from 4-6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 30, at First Baptist Church of McLouth, sponsored by the Senior High Student Ministries. Free fun for all ages: carnival games, cake walk, crafts, snacks and a pumpkin decorating contest. Bring your decorated pumpkin. There will be prizes for the top three pumpkins.
• Enjoy McLouth Elementary School’s Costume Parade downtown about 1:45 p.m. Monday (weather permitting). They will be going down the street south of the grocery store, up Union to the bank and then back to the school.
• Everyone is invited to the Community Halloween Party from 5-9 p.m. Monday at the McLouth Fire Station. There will be food, prizes, a DJ and a hayrack ride.
• McLouth United Methodist Church will play host to its eighth annual Trunk or Treat from 6-7:30 p.m. Monday in the parking lot. Everyone in the community is welcome to decorate the trunks of their cars and distribute candy to the gremlins and goblins who come by. Kids of all ages are welcome to participate in pumpkin carving and pumpkin decorating, plus lots of other activities. This is a great opportunity for families who live in the country to participate in the festivities, as well as being a safe environment for everyone.
• Residents who choose not to be disturbed by trick-or-treaters often leave their porch lights turned off. As a courtesy, please respect their preference by only going to houses that are lit.
• "Love and Logic Training For Early Childhood" sessions will take place from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. the first three Thursdays in November: Nov. 3, 10 and 17 at McLouth Elementary School. This is discipline training for families with children 1-5 years of age. Participants learn the basics of love and logic for little ones, as well as specific tips for:
• Taming tantrums and meltdowns
• Easing separation anxiety
• Calming bedtime battles
• Potty-training problems
• Dealing with misbehavior in public
Childcare is available. To reserve a spot, please contact Jennifer Klamm, Parents as Teachers parent educator, at (913) 845-1519 or email@example.com.
• Friends of the McLouth Library will play host to two soup and chili dinners with a silent auction. The dinners will take place from 5-7:30 p.m. on these Tuesdays: Nov. 1, and Nov. 15 at the McLouth Community Building. The Auction starts Nov. 1 and ends at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 15.
• Stanwood Friends Church will hold its 10th Annual Chili Supper and Bake Sale from 5-8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 2, in the McLouth Community Center. Join for supper and help support missions and youth projects.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Letter to editor: Tonganoxie residents should voice RV resort questions, concerns at meeting
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie City Hall's Teresa Bastron
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board discusses traffic issues at new school
- New Leavenworth County Annex open house is today in Tonganoxie