McLouth football blows out Oskaloosa
The McLouth High football team’s season opener couldn’t have gone much better Friday night.
The Bulldogs dominated rival Oskaloosa with their ground game at Stan Braksick Stadium, winning in a 47-0 rout.
Six different MHS players rushed for touchdowns and senior Shawn Dailey led the way with two scores on 12 carries for 109 yards.
Juniors Dakota Cop, TJ Crowell and Marc Walbridge each had a rushing TD, as did sophomore Drew Cerny and senior Cameron Humerickhouse.
McLouth (1-0) ran for 254 yards and quarterback Walbridge completed four of his 11 pass attempts for 82 yards.
Junior Charlie Courtney led the Bulldogs defense in the shutout with 11 tackles. Cop had four tackles for loss and Mat Horton tackled an OHS player behind the line of scrimmage three times.
At 7 p.m. Friday, MHS is back at home to play host to Valley Falls.
More like this story
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates
- Kansas regulators to have hearings on Westar rate agreement
- Kansas regulators expected to approve rate hike for Westar
- Kansas regulators to decide on rate hike for KCP&L customers