Inaugural Civic Club walk is Saturday
The inaugural Walk For Tonganoxie, which is to benefit various local organizations, will take place from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the Beatty Field track on the campus of Tonganoxie High School.
Sponsored by the Tonganoxie Civic Club, the walk will bring together members of Team Tongie, the Tonganoxie Education Foundation and the civic club. Those members will be walking at the event, and anyone else is welcome to join in the walk.
Anyone interested in making a pledge or donation or walking with the group may contact Steve Christensen at First State Bank at (913) 845-2500, Phil Williams at (913) 845-3474 or Ken Mark at (913) 991-8191.
The Tonganoxie Civic Club is a nonprofit organization that gives annually toward funding causes such as education foundation teacher grants, two scholarships to each THS graduating class, Good Shepherd Thrift Store and Food Bank, the Alliance Against Family Violence and other organizations and people in need of funds.
Some money raised Saturday also will go toward the education foundation and Team Tongie.
More like this story
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas changing notification for vehicle tag renewals
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row