Inaugural Civic Club walk is Saturday
The inaugural Walk For Tonganoxie, which is to benefit various local organizations, will take place from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the Beatty Field track on the campus of Tonganoxie High School.
Sponsored by the Tonganoxie Civic Club, the walk will bring together members of Team Tongie, the Tonganoxie Education Foundation and the civic club. Those members will be walking at the event, and anyone else is welcome to join in the walk.
Anyone interested in making a pledge or donation or walking with the group may contact Steve Christensen at First State Bank at (913) 845-2500, Phil Williams at (913) 845-3474 or Ken Mark at (913) 991-8191.
The Tonganoxie Civic Club is a nonprofit organization that gives annually toward funding causes such as education foundation teacher grants, two scholarships to each THS graduating class, Good Shepherd Thrift Store and Food Bank, the Alliance Against Family Violence and other organizations and people in need of funds.
Some money raised Saturday also will go toward the education foundation and Team Tongie.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory
- A closer look at Leavenworth County Humane Society
- Kansas Turnpike encourages work zone safety with contest for students
- Kansas Turnpike encourages work zone safety with contest for youths
- Area communities offering wide array of holiday activities