Information session to go over job openings at VHA call center
Workforce Partnership, in partnership with KANSASWORKS, will play host to “Insights from the Inside” — an information session going over job openings at the Veterans Health Administration Call Center in Leavenworth.
The free event, going on at two different time slots Thursday, will be done via video conferencing at all three Workforce Partnership locations: 9221 Quivira Road, Overland Park; 515 Limit St., Leavenworth; and 552 State Ave., Kansas City, Kan. A recruiter from the VHA’s customer service center will present information on the new call center and discuss how to best apply for the available positions on usajobs.gov.
Requirements for the positions include a high school diploma or GED, computer and typing skills, and full disclosure on employment, education and criminal history. A felony will not disqualify applicants if fully disclosed.
Medical billing experience is strongly preferred.
The session will take place from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Thursday, and then again from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday. Pre-registration is required and can be done by calling Workforce Partnership at 913-577-5900. Those registering must also go to kansasworks.com to register for a plus account prior to the event.
More like this story
- Antique engine event May 30 at Tonganoxie Community Historic Site
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Some Tonganoxie residents unhappy with roaming buffalo
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt