Kaw Valley Alpacas part of National Alpaca Farms Days
Kaw Valley Alpacas will participate in the fifth annual National Alpaca Farm Days on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 24 and 25.
Macel and Bruce Koerth, owners of Kaw Valley Alpacas, invite visitors to their farm Sept. 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sept. 24 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to see the alpacas as well as alpaca fleece, yarn, and finished goods.
Some 37 alpacas live at Kaw Valley Alpacas; the Koerths own 31 alpacas and board six more for another owner. Six crias, which are baby alpacas, are expected by early November.
Kaw Valley Alpacas is located at 22925 Hemphill Road, just off U.S. Highway 24-40 between Lawrence and Tonganoxie. Visitors can arrange to tour the farm at other times by calling ahead at (913) 845-2634.
More like this story
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers