League of Women Voters to discuss redistricting at meeting
The League of Women Voters of Leavenworth County will have its monthly meeting Sept. 24, where it will hear a presentation on congressional redistricting in Kansas.
The meeting will be at 9:15 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, at the Leavenworth Public Library, Fourth and Spruce streets in Leavenworth.
At the meeting, Corey Carnahan of the Kansas State Legislative Research Office will present on the principles and various plans for redistricting in Kansas, including consideration for moving Leavenworth County out of the Second Congressional District.
More like this story
- Wichita bishop to make case for sainthood for Kapaun
- Remember When: A Community Review for Feb. 8, 2017
- Tonganoxie High girls, boys players make all-KVL teams
- McLouth basketball player named to all-Northeast Kansas League team; THS representatives on all-Journal-World list
- State basketball wraps up during weekend