Sporting KC signs Olum
Sporting Kansas City on Thursday announced the signing of Lawrence Olum, a defender who had been with the club for a brief trial period.
Olum will be added to the roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate.
Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
“He’s a versatile guy, and we’re looking for help in a couple different positions,” Sporting Kansas City Manager Peter Vermes said. “We feel that at this time in the year, we’re delighted to bring in a guy who’s just had a very good season.”
Olum played college soccer at Missouri Baptist University and then signed with the Portland Timbers where he began his professional career.
He is a native of Nairobi, Kenya.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Phil: Remembering the weather prognosticator with every Groundhog Day story written about him
- Souvenir buttons can also win residents prizes at Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial organizers seek volunteers; meeting set for Tuesday
- Weigh in on Kansas Day with The Mirror and social media
- Kansas deputies confront nude Oregon man taking pictures