Tonganoxie volleyball handles PRHS
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team finished up its string of six straight duals and bounced back from a Tuesday home loss with a sweep of Pleasant Ridge on Thursday.
The Chieftains’ 25-13, 25-16, 25-13 home victory came two days after a home loss to Basehor-Linwood.
Senior Kailan Kuzmic had a very productive night for THS (5-1), leading the team with 22 digs, seven aces and two blocks, while going for six kills — the second-highest total for Tonganoxie.
Junior Jenny Whitledge led the Chieftains with 13 kills in the three-game victory and had 15 digs and five aces.
THS setters Hannah Kemp and Sagan Scates combined for 28 assists, with Kemp recording a team-best 15.
THS had six straight dual dates on its calendar to open the season and will play in its first tournament beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday at the Rossville Invitational.
Tonganoxie co-coach Brandon Parker said the team is in a tough pool at Rossville, with Clay Center, Holton and Ottawa.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal