LCHS spay/neuter transport coming to Leavenworth
Leavenworth County Humane Society is offering its next pet spay/neuter transport Oct. 13-14 from the Carnegie Arts Center, 601 S. Fifth St. in Leavenworth.
This LCHS partnership with Heartland SPCA Animal Medical Center is open to all Leavenworth County and Fort Leavenworth residents. In just more than two years, the program has served 593 dogs and cats throughout Leavenworth County, preventing more than 3,500 homeless puppies and kittens.
Cats must weigh 3 pounds to participate; dogs must be at least 14 weeks of age. Feral (barn) cats also are welcome.
The feral package costs $25 and includes spay/neuter, vaccinations, parasite treatment and an ear-tip to identify the cat as sterilized. Traps are available for loan.
Pet cat (indoor/outdoor or indoor) packages (spay/neuter and vaccinations, microchip and parasite treatment as needed) are $65. Package price for dogs is $95 and includes surgery, vaccinations, microchip, and parasite treatment as needed.
E-mail LvnCoHS@live.com for details and to register, or register on the web at lchsinc.org/spay-neuter-registration. Those without Internet access may call (913) 728-2881 and leave a message. Registration closes Oct. 10.
More like this story
- Voter turnout low for primary as two challengers lead vote-getting
- Final election numbers for 2017 Tonganoxie City Council, USD 464 School Board races
- Challengers sweep Tonganoxie City Council, USD 464 races
- Tonganoxie voters to use paper ballots Tuesday
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race