Marilyn Kay Parsons gave Evelyn Schwinn a phone call Sept. 9. They visited about the Springdale area and people who she knew when she lived here as a child.
Ed and Peggy Gillaspie, Jeanette Cole and Evelyn Schwinn went Sept. 11 to St. Joseph, Mo. They enjoyed lunch at Cracker Barrel and shopped at Menard’s.
Jeannie Coffin and Evelyn Schwinn went to McLouth Elementary School on Sept. 12 for Grandparents Day. They spent time with third-graders Baylee and Brennen Wolfe. They enjoyed lunch and cookies and visited the children’s classroom.
The grandparents of Springdale Friends Church were honored on Sept. 11 with cards and gifts from the Sunday school children.
The all Schwinn reunion will be Sunday, Sept. 25 at the Lansing Community City Hall. Dinner will be at 1 p.m.
Gertrude Chrisman went to Shawnee on Sept. 11 to be with her daughters and watched a game.
Cara and John Marcus Crude were Sept. 12 visitors of Wayne and Anabel Knapp. They are neighbors of the Knapps.
Barbara and Shelly Mires, neighbors of Wayne and Anabel Knapp, were Sept. 13 visitors at the Knapp’s home. They brought a nice container of tomatoes to them.
Anabel Knapp had a brother, Marcus Woodhead, pass away on Sept. 8 at the home of his daughter, Dorothy, and Joe Cleavinger of McLouth. There was a visitation and memorial service Saturday at the McLouth Church of the Nazarene. He will be missed by all in his family.
Bill and Helen Nowlan have returned to their home after spending several months at their cabin in Colorado.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Phil: Remembering the weather prognosticator with every Groundhog Day story written about him
- Souvenir buttons can also win residents prizes at Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial organizers seek volunteers; meeting set for Tuesday
- Weigh in on Kansas Day with The Mirror and social media
- Visitors to Grinter Farms near Tonganoxie encouraged to be a part of social media sunflower 'guestbook'