Early morning fire remains under investigation
The cause of an early Thursday morning fire in Tonganoxie remains under investigation.
Tonganoxie City firefighters received the call about 1:20 a.m. Thursday for a fire at 225 Third St. Firefighters battled the fire at the 1 1/2 story home through the morning, with crews leaving the scene about 7 a.m., according to the fire department.
There was no one home at the time of the fire, officials said. Tonganoxie and Stranger township fire departments also assisted.
Though there was substantial damage inside the house, the Tonganoxie City Fire Department did not specify Thursday whether the house was deemed a total loss.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Tidal Waves swim team opens season with victory
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Ag Department to estimate farmers' spring planting plans