Early morning fire remains under investigation
The cause of an early Thursday morning fire in Tonganoxie remains under investigation.
Tonganoxie City firefighters received the call about 1:20 a.m. Thursday for a fire at 225 Third St. Firefighters battled the fire at the 1 1/2 story home through the morning, with crews leaving the scene about 7 a.m., according to the fire department.
There was no one home at the time of the fire, officials said. Tonganoxie and Stranger township fire departments also assisted.
Though there was substantial damage inside the house, the Tonganoxie City Fire Department did not specify Thursday whether the house was deemed a total loss.
More like this story
- Residents brave elements for Tonganoxie Recreation Commission Easter Egg Hunt
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Katy Crookham
- Tonganoxie Tidal Waves swim team opens season with victory
- Tonganoxie scavenger hunt leading up to sesquicentennial starts Saturday
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it