Fire still under investigation
The cause of an early Thursday morning fire in Tonganoxie remains under investigation.
Tonganoxie City firefighters received the call about 1:20 a.m. Thursday for a fire at 225 Third St. Firefighters battled the fire at the 1 1/2 story home through the morning, with crews leaving the scene about 7 a.m., according to the fire department.
There was no one home at the time of the fire, officials said. Tonganoxie and Stranger township fire departments also assisted.
Though there was substantial damage inside the house, the Tonganoxie City Fire Department did not specify Thursday whether the house was deemed a total loss.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy