“Trail Ride for the Cure” to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation will take place Sunday at the Circle S Guest Ranch north of Lawrence. Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive systems of approximately 30,000 children and adults in the United States. Proceeds from this ride will be used to fund continued research and treatment centers. If you’d like to ride your own horse, sponsor a rider, or make a tax-deductible contribution, contact Candace Braksick: (913) 796-6924.
• Stanwood Friends Church will have its annual Homecoming Celebration on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday evening the church will play host to an ice cream social at 6 p.m.; homemade ice cream and desserts will be served.
Sunday morning worship service, beginning at 11 a.m., will be a celebration of the church’s 128 years of ministry, and will include special music and memories. Potluck dinner will follow the service. Also, following the dinner will be a memorial service for John P. Jones at Wild Horse Cemetery. The extended Jones family will be joining for homecoming, dinner and the memorial service.
• Please note: “McLouth Happenings” has a new e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie USD 464 Board Member Kaija Baldock
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- TMS' 'Willy Wonka Jr.' being staged today, Sunday at Tonganoxie Performing Arts Center
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board
- Face to Face: New Tonganoxie Public Libary board member Loralee Stevens