Rollover accident Sept. 21
A Tonganoxie man has been treated and released from an area hospital following a rollover accident early Wednesday, Sept. 21 roughly four miles east of Tonganoxie.
A Leavenworth County Sheriff’s officer was dispatched about 3:40 a.m. to the 17900 block of Evans Road for a rollover accident, reports said. The driver of a black 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, David V. Finlay, 49, Tonganoxie, was out of the vehicle when the officer arrived. Finlay swerved to avoid hitting a deer and lost control of the vehicle, the report said.
The driver was taken to Kansas University Hospital with what appeared to be head and ear lacerations, according to the officer. A hospital official said Finlay was released Saturday.
The air bags were deployed and the driver was wearing a seat belt when the crash occurred, reports said. Alcohol may have been a factor in the crash and test results are pending, according to the sheriff’s office. The vehicle was towed by Heartland Towing and Recovery. Stranger Township Fire Department and Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services also responded to the scene.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Michelle McGhee
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck