Kaw Valley Farm Tour is this weekend
This year’s Kaw Valley Farm Tour will be Saturday and Sunday throughout the area.
Tour hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. each day as each farm will have guided tours. Visitors are responsible for their own transportation. Bus tours are offered, but the bus tours are sold out.
Here are the stops for this year’s farm tour:
Screamin’ Oaks Farm
Holy-Field Vineyard and Winery
Lamborn Pumpkin Patch
LLI Tree Farm, Lawrence and Moon on the Meadow, Okanis Garden at Prairie Moon Waldorf School, Penedleton’s Country Market, Pine Family Landscape Center, Sleepy Jean’s Confections, Wakarusa Valley and West Middle School Garden
Ad Astra Alpacas, Blossom Trail Bee Ranch and Vesecky Family Farms
BlueJacket Crossing Vineyard and Winery, Davenport Orchards Vineyard and Winery and Mark Neis Farm
Crum’s Heirlooms, LLC, and Knapp Family Farms
The Henrys’ Plant Farm
Rees Fruit Farm
K-State Research and Extension Center and Landeria Farm
Iwig Family Dairy LLC
For more information and to purchase tickets online, go to kawvalleyfarmtour.org. Tickets also can be purchased in Lawrence at The Community Mercantile, 901 Iowa St.; Lawrence Visitors Information Center, 402 North Second St.; and K-State Research and Extension, 2110 Harper St. Tickets also can be purchased at any of the farms during the tours.
More like this story
- Soles for souls: Tonganoxie church collects shoes to raise money for religious studies
- Kansas museum restores Stearman Model 4D plane
- The beetle hunter: KU entomologist on quest to identify insects of Peru
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel
- Leadership group, local realtors partner to bring SAFE benefits to Leavenworth County emergency responders