The McLouth Senior Friendship Club met Monday, March 19, with 16 members and 2 guests present. Peggy Lash and Bea Abegg were hostesses and tables were decorated with a St. Patrick's Day theme. The chief of police spoke to the group regarding safety: keeping doors locked and reporting anything suspicious in your neighborhood. Bea Abegg closed the meeting by singing "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling." The next meeting will be Monday, April 16, with students of the McLouth Honor Society as guests. Everyone over 55 is welcome.
Bob and Alfreda Ryan attended the "Tonganoxie Pickers" on March 23 at the Tonganoxie Friends Church, where the Pickers have been meeting on the second and fourth Fridays of each month. Because of rising costs of fuel, the group will now meet only on the second Friday of each month at 7 p.m. Their next meeting will be April 13. The public is invited.
Everyone is welcome to attend McLouth's Holy Week Evening Services at 7 p.m.:
• Wednesday, April 4: Church of the Nazarene;
• Maundy Thursday, April 5: First Baptist Church;
• Good Friday, April 6: United Methodist Church.
• Easter Sunday Sunrise Service and Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. at Church of the Nazarene
All of McLouth’s churches will hold their traditional Easter Worship services.
American Legion Post No. 41 will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 10, in the 4-H Building on the Fairgrounds in Tonganoxie.
McLouth's 14th Annual Patriots Day Parade, scheduled for Saturday, April 21, welcomes your parade entry. Please provide information for early registration: name; e-mail address or contact phone number; city; state; zip code; type of entry; number of people; and some information about your entry which may be announced as you pass by the reviewing stand. Mail your information to Candace Braksick, P.O. Box 261, McLouth, KS 66054.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday