THS Science Olympiad off to state
Tonganoxie High School is set to take on the best of Kansas on Saturday at the state Science Olympiad tournament at Wichita State University.
The state trip comes after THS placed fifth overall at regionals, which took place Feb. 25 at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park.
Here’s a list of individual medals from regionals:
• Anatomy: First place, Natasha Sudac and Wes Williams.
• Disease Detectives: Second place, Sudac and Katelyn Waldeier.
• Experimental Design: Fourth place, Waldeier, Paige Lauri and Garrett French.
• Fermi Questions: Fifth place, Colton Young and French.
• Forensics: Fourth place, Lauri and Danielle Irwin.
• Remote Sensing: Third place, Dane Erickson and Williams.
• Sounds of Music: Fifth place, Aaron McIntyre and Williams.
• Thermodynamics: Fifth place, Williams and Parker Osborne.
• Write It Do It: Fifth place, Erickson and Irwin.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Police: Man shot out outside Kansas mall knew gunmen
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor