THS Science Olympiad off to state
Tonganoxie High School is set to take on the best of Kansas on Saturday at the state Science Olympiad tournament at Wichita State University.
The state trip comes after THS placed fifth overall at regionals, which took place Feb. 25 at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park.
Here’s a list of individual medals from regionals:
• Anatomy: First place, Natasha Sudac and Wes Williams.
• Disease Detectives: Second place, Sudac and Katelyn Waldeier.
• Experimental Design: Fourth place, Waldeier, Paige Lauri and Garrett French.
• Fermi Questions: Fifth place, Colton Young and French.
• Forensics: Fourth place, Lauri and Danielle Irwin.
• Remote Sensing: Third place, Dane Erickson and Williams.
• Sounds of Music: Fifth place, Aaron McIntyre and Williams.
• Thermodynamics: Fifth place, Williams and Parker Osborne.
• Write It Do It: Fifth place, Erickson and Irwin.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle