Restaurant victim of burglary
Tonganoxie police are investigating cash and computer equipment being taken this week from a Tonganoxie restaurant.
Police Chief Jeff Brandau said that someone kicked in a back door at Elle’s Diner, 1212 E. U.S. Highway 24-40, sometime Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.
Brandau said owners reported the loss Wednesday morning.
Money from the cash register and computer equipment were taken, Brandau said. He estimated total loss to be about $2,000.
The police chief said the investigation is ongoing.
“We’re looking at leads,” he said.
More like this story
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Free speech group urges KU to exonerate professor who used N-word in class
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking