Tonganoxie hires city administrator
Tonganoxie’s new city administrator will be on the job in about two weeks.
On Monday, city council members unanimously approved hiring Nathan McCommon as the new city administrator. McCommon comes to Tonganoxie from Kansas City, Mo., where he was a senior analyst in the city manager’s office.
A 1986 graduate of Jefferson West High School in Meriden, McCommon, 44, holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish literature and a master’s degree in public administration from Kansas University. He has previous municipal experience in Sedgwick County and Topeka, as well as Kissimmee, Fla.
Council members said McCommon was their top choice from nearly 40 applicants during a four-month search. McCommon, who will start May 14, replaces Mike Yanez, whose contract the council chose not to renew for 2012.
Tonganoxie Mayor Jason Ward said Tuesday McCommon's annual salary would be $73,500 plus benefits.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie VFW, American Legion planning Memorial Day weekend services
- Cemetery stroll next month at Holy Angels with First City PAST group
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- Lansing sinks Tonganoxie soccer with overtime goal
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary