County Road 5 near Tonganoxie to re-open May 4, weather permitting
Leavenworth County County Road 5 northeast of Tonganoxie is set to re-open late next week after being closed for about a year.
The road has been closed since May of last year as two bridges over Stranger Creek were replaced. Both were more than 70 years old.
Leavenworth County Commissioners will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new bridges at 9 a.m. Friday, May 4. The bridges will open soon after the ceremony, weather permitting, said Mike Spickelmier, Leavenworth County public works director.
More like this story
- Man accused of Jewish site shootings to appear in court
- Kansas lawmaker seeks end of privatized foster care system
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Kansas panel considers whether gays should be foster parents
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system