Kyle Schwinn enjoyed his 18th birthday on July 26. He is the son of Bill and Brenda Schwinn and has a brother, Bret.
Amy Jo Moore had her 26th birthday on July 29. She is the daughter of Johnny and Jackie Schwinn. Her husband is Jake Moore.
David and Jennifer Roggenkamp of St. Marys visited the Schwinns on the weekend of July 29. They have two little boys, Brayden and Blayke. They recently celebrated their seventh anniversary.
The Springdale area extends its sympathy to John and Mary Lou Tullis in the death of their granddaughter, Shelbee Heim.
Marie Hill and Evelyn Schwinn enjoyed a phone visit on monday, July 30.
The area farmers are busy cutting corn into silage. This hot, dry weather keeps them very busy taking care of their cattle since the pastures are mainly burned up.
The United Methodist Church of McLouth welcomed their new pastor, David Schrum, and his wife, Goldana, with a potluck supper and ice cream social on Sunday, July 29. Around 50 people attended the event.
Gertrude Chrisman has been staying with her daughters in Kansas City. She had an accident, breaking her arm several months ago. She is back at her home in Springdale. Anabel Knapp was a visitor on Wednesday, Aug. 1, at Chrisman’s home.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 superintendent's contract extended through 2017
- O'Brien: Broken funding formula and necessary corrections
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly