Bridge over Kansas Turnpike in Leavenworth County closed after accident
A truck driving on the Kansas Turnpike Wednesday afternoon damaged a beam on the 214th Street bridge in Leavenworth County east of Lawrence.
A turnpike authority dispatcher said a passerby reported the damage at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. It was not affecting traffic on Interstate 70, she said, but the 214th Street bridge would be closed so officials could assess the damage.
A tweet from the Kansas Turnpike Authority at 4:12 p.m. said: “Traffic is restricted on 214th St. in LV Co. over the Turnpike until further notice. I-70/KTA traffic is not affected at this time.”
More like this story
- Crews extinguishing semitrailer fire on Kansas Turnpike
- Truck overturns on turnpike; westbound traffic backed up
- KTA chief optimistic about new interchange at County Road 1
- Accident near Leavenworth County line on Interstate-70 causing traffic backup
- Multiple Monday morning accidents cause traffic delays on turnpike