Bridge over Kansas Turnpike in Leavenworth County closed after accident
A truck driving on the Kansas Turnpike Wednesday afternoon damaged a beam on the 214th Street bridge in Leavenworth County east of Lawrence.
A turnpike authority dispatcher said a passerby reported the damage at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. It was not affecting traffic on Interstate 70, she said, but the 214th Street bridge would be closed so officials could assess the damage.
A tweet from the Kansas Turnpike Authority at 4:12 p.m. said: “Traffic is restricted on 214th St. in LV Co. over the Turnpike until further notice. I-70/KTA traffic is not affected at this time.”
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Michelle McGhee
- Frese: Push for Tonganoxie Public Libary expansion starts with Saturday run
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County