Bridge over Kansas Turnpike in Leavenworth County closed after accident
A truck driving on the Kansas Turnpike Wednesday afternoon damaged a beam on the 214th Street bridge in Leavenworth County east of Lawrence.
A turnpike authority dispatcher said a passerby reported the damage at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. It was not affecting traffic on Interstate 70, she said, but the 214th Street bridge would be closed so officials could assess the damage.
A tweet from the Kansas Turnpike Authority at 4:12 p.m. said: “Traffic is restricted on 214th St. in LV Co. over the Turnpike until further notice. I-70/KTA traffic is not affected at this time.”
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation