Tonganoxie man killed in motorcycle accident on U.S. 24-40
A 47-year-old Tonganoxie man died in a motorcycle accident late Sunday near Tonganoxie.
The accident occurred about 11:10 p.m. a mile south of Tonganoxie on U.S. Highway 24-40.
The motorcyclist, Elias Velasquez, was heading toward Tonganoxie when he lost control of a 1991 Harley Davidson Sportser and went off the road to the right, according to Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office reports. Velasquez was thrown from the bike and hit a warning sign and a guard rail. The bike continued into the ditch, where it came to rest.
Emergency personnel pronounced Velasquez dead at the scene, reports said.
More like this story
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise