USD 464 reduces mill levy slightly
The 2012-13 USD 464 budget is official.
The Tonganoxie school board approved Monday a budget that calls for a slight reduction in the mill levy. The levy is 54.781 mills, just below this year’s 54.8 mills.
No one spoke at a public hearing before the budget was approved. A mill is $1 in taxes for every $1,000 in assessed property valuation.
“We’re in good shape and glad to bring this to you and hope our patrons are feeling good about this,” said Randy Weseman, USD 464 superintendent.
Also during the meeting, the board:
• Accepted a $500 check for the district from the Leavenworth chapter of the Cody Choraliers barbershop chorus. Members of the group presented a check to board president Kris Grinter and then performed “Hello Mary Lou” for the board. The Cody Choraliers will have their annual show at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Lansing High School Performing Arts Center, 220 Lion Lane in Lansing.
• Approved, 7-0, the 2012-13 staff handbooks.
• Discussed the district’s new virtual school. Weseman said there were 10 students enrolled so far, with three being students who were enrolled in the district last year.
• Met in executive session for 20 minutes to discuss non-elected personnel. Weseman met with the board for the first 10 minutes.
• Voted, 7-0, to accept several resignations, contracts and transfers.
Resignations: Erin Bates, eighth-grade head volleyball coach; Ken Church, THS assistant drama coach; and Sherry Miller, food service cashier at Tonganoxie High School west.
Contracts: Matt Dunning, THS class sponsor; Lauren Hagan, seventh-grade assistant volleyball coach; Nancy Harr, transportation paraprofessional; Kathy Jordan, THS concessions manager; Linda Nemeth, TES student nutrition; Nancy Nunn, THS east kitchen; Rachelle Pauly, eighth-grade head volleyball coach and girls assistant track coach; Shanna Sparks, TES student nutrition; and Linda Waterbury, special needs van driver.
Transfers: Heidi Fletcher in student nutrition, from THS east kitchen to THS west kitchen; and Sharon Hughes, student nutrition, from TES kitchen to THS east kitchen.
More like this story
- Former Tonganoxie superintendent resigns from same post in Lawrence, plans to take other position in that district, pending board approval
- Tonganoxie USD 464 moving end-of-year balance to help cover facility improvements
- Tonganoxie USD 464 receives one bid for former elementary school
- Campers hit field for final instruction of summer
- Tonganoxie USD 464 eyes early start to track renovations