McLouth volleyball drops two at Valley Falls triangular
McLouth High got within inches of its first volleyball win of the season Tuesday, but will have to wait until its next match for another shot at victory.
MHS (0-7) dropped a pair of matches to Delaware Valley League foes Valley Falls and Oskaloosa at VFHS. The Bulldogs fell to Valley Falls in straight sets, 25-8 and 25-15, before pushing Oskaloosa to the limit in a three-set loss.
They dropped the opening set to OHS, 25-16, then responded with a 25-21 win to even the score. Coach Kay Koch's squad erased an eight-point deficit in the third set, but couldn't cap off the comeback and fell by a 25-23 margin.
The Bulldogs will get another shot at Oskaloosa on Tuesday when they visit their rival for a triangular with Jefferson County North.
More like this story
- Taking the stage: Tonganoxie band SnakeDog to perform Friday
- Madrigal Feaste brings in more than 400 for this year's two-night holiday event
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial logo unveiled; community band expected to make return