Whitledge, Shelton win Elliot Heart Award
Tonganoxie High seniors Jenny Whitledge and Bret Shelton received the Elliot Heart Award on Aug. 23 at an assembly at the THS auditorium. The award is named for Jeremy Elliot, a multi-sport athlete who died from a heart condition as a Chieftain junior in 2009.
Whitledge is active with the THS volleyball, basketball and track and field teams, while Shelton plays football and baseball.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood ends Tonganoxie boys basketball season
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues