Chieftain volleyball swept at Paola
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team suffered its first setback of the season Thursday, falling at Paola in straight sets, 25-4, 25-12 and 25-8. The Chieftains are now 2-1 on the season.
Senior Jenny Whitledge led THS with six kills. Junior Marissa Martin had a team-high 13 digs while senior Olivia Hollingsworth added six.
The Chieftains will return home Sept. 6 to take on Frontier League school Baldwin. The junior varsity squad will start things off at 5 p.m.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Baker University reports stonrg new enrollment since 2007
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent