Weekend sports roundup: McLouth
Bulldog hoops teams sweep HCA
Both McLouth High basketball teams opened their seasons in winning fashion, defeating Heritage Christian Academy Friday in Olathe. The MHS girls (1-0) cruised to a 76-47 victory in coach Lindsey Graf’s debut, then the boys (1-0) capped off the night with a 61-48 win.
The Bulldogs will open Delaware Valley League play Tuesday at home against Jefferson County North.
Oskaloosa wrestling finishes seventh in Atchison
With the help of several McLouth athletes, the Oskaloosa High wrestling team battled to a seventh-place finish on Saturday at the George Worley/Larry Tilton Memorial Duals in Atchison.
The team went 1-3 in pool play with its only win coming against Wellsville, 43-36. Losses came against Atchison (51-30), Eudora (48-36) and Horton-Hiawatha (48-36). Following pool play, OHS defeated a team comprised of wrestlers from various teams in the seventh-place dual.
The Bears will return to the mat on Saturday when they travel to Onaga.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Tonganoxie police calls, March 25-April 9, 2015
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures