Hurricane Sandy delays stoplight at 158th Street
Basehor City Administrator Lloyd Martley said at a recent Basehor City Council work session that installation of the 158th Street and State Avenue stoplight has been delayed from mid-December to mid-January because of Hurricane Sandy.
Storm damage required the stoplight manufacturer to fill orders in the affected areas first.
The four-lane divided highway intersection has been notorious for accidents, including two fatalities that claimed the lives of Tonganoxie residents.
More like this story
- Construction of stoplight at Basehor intersection where Tonganoxie teacher was killed Friday to begin later this month
- New stoplight is in place
- Stoplight installed at U.S. 24-40 and 158th Street
- KDOT agrees to install stoplight at 24-40 and 158th
- Basehor intersection where 2007 fatality occurred to get signal