Hurricane Sandy delays stoplight at 158th Street
Basehor City Administrator Lloyd Martley said at a recent Basehor City Council work session that installation of the 158th Street and State Avenue stoplight has been delayed from mid-December to mid-January because of Hurricane Sandy.
Storm damage required the stoplight manufacturer to fill orders in the affected areas first.
The four-lane divided highway intersection has been notorious for accidents, including two fatalities that claimed the lives of Tonganoxie residents.
More like this story
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Heavy rain causes lowland flooding in south-central Kansas
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets