Struggles continue for McLouth hoops teams
The McLouth High basketball teams both suffered a pair of rough outings last week, as the boys and girls each went 0-2 in games against Atchison and Troy.
The Bulldogs played host to Atchison on Tuesday, but neither MHS team could get a win on its home court. The girls (1-4) fell behind by 19 points in the first quarter and never recovered in a 78-24 loss. Angela Dailey led McLouth with eight points. The boys (2-3) played AHS to a 22-22 tie at halftime, but couldn't seal the deal in a 62-52 defeat. Seniors Marc Walbridge, Carter Gish and Dakota Cop scored 14, 13 and 11 points, respectively.
The Bulldogs hit the road Friday for a Delaware Valley League meeting with Troy. The girls again struggled from the beginning and couldn't create any momentum in a 51-14 loss. Dailey and Kayla Steffey each scored five. The boys trailed by just four points at the break, but Troy pulled away late for a 57-47 victory. Gish led MHS with 11 points.
Both McLouth teams will travel Tuesday to DVL rival Oskaloosa for their final games before the holiday break.
More like this story
- Storms leave damage across 6 Kansas counties
- Remember When: A Community Review for Jan. 4, 2017
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- School board approves new Tonganoxie Performing Arts Center sound system, special-needs vehicle