FSA elects commissioners
The latest Jefferson/Leavenworth/Wyandotte County USDA Farm Service Agency county commission elections have concluded and the new representatives have been announced.
Herbert T. (Tom) Schwinn Jr. was elected to represent Local Administrative Area No. 4, while Christopher McClelland was elected to represent LAA No. 2 with second alternate being Wayne A. White.
Elected county committee members serve a three-year term and are responsible for making decisions on FSA disaster, conservation, commodity and price support programs, as well as other important federal farm program issues.
All recently elected county committee members and alternates will take office Jan. 1.
For more information, call 785-863-2221 or visit fsa.usda.gov.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race