Tonganoxie wrestlers ranked No. 10 in KWCA poll
The Tonganoxie High wrestling team checked in at No. 10 in the most recent Class 4A state rankings, released Wednesday by the Kansas Wrestling Coaches Association.
Junior Clayton Himpel and sophomore Asher Huseman are the only THS wrestlers in the individual ranks. Himpel is currently ranked No. 2 in the 120-pound division. He is 17-0 this season with a team-best 14 pins. Huseman is tied for sixth at 152 pounds after a 15-2 start to the 2012-13 campaign.
The Chieftains won't wrestle again until after the school's holiday break, but enjoyed plenty of success in their final competitions of 2012. They swept a triangular against Ottawa and Santa Fe Trail on Dec. 13 at OHS, then won the Randy Starcher Memorial Invitational two days later in their own gym. They'll return to the mat on Jan. 5 at the Wildcat Classic in Louisburg.
More like this story
- KC's got the Beat, thanks to Tonganoxie High teacher
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Overland Park Planned Parenthood won't face action from Kansas medical board
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea