Two-vehicle accident in Tonganoxie sends one person to hospital
One person was taken to an area hospital with minor injuries following a two-vehicle accident Thursday morning in Tonganoxie.
The accident occurred about 8:30 a.m. at U.S. Highway 24-40 and Stone Creek Drive.
Genevive Lynch, 38, Lawrence, was attempting to pull on to U.S. 24-40 from Stone Creek Drive from the north when her 1996 Ford Windstar struck the passenger side of a 1993 Ford Thunderbird driven by Stephen Lane, 22, Nortonville.
Lane was headed east on U.S. 24-40 and Lynch was attempting to head east when the accident occurred.
Lynch was taken by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service to Lawrence Memorial Hospital for neck injuries and facial lacerations from airbag deployment, Tonganoxie police Chief Jeff Brandau said.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts, reports said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser
- Kansas Turnpike encourages work zone safety with contest for youths
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Courage for Cortney Night is tonight at Tonganoxie High basketball games
- Kansas Turnpike encourages work zone safety with contest for students