Escaped inmate detained
An inmate who escaped from Leavenworth County Jail on Saturday has been detained.
Leavenworth County Undersheriff Ron Cranor said Monday morning Raheem Keron Armstead, 29, was taken into custody. Further details have not yet been released.
Armstead escaped the jail about 1 p.m. Saturday after bolting from the escorting officer while removing trash to the outside dumpster.
Armstead was arrested and booked June 26 into the Leavenworth County Jail on various felony drug charges. He was being held pending additional drug-related charges and non-payment of child support.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Tonganoxie police calls, March 25-April 9, 2015
- Tonganoxie police calls, Oct. 15-22, 2015
- Tonganoxie man to appear in court Monday following alleged stabbing
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park