Report of armed robbery at Casey’s was fake, police say
A report of an armed robbery Friday afternoon at Casey’s General Store was determined to be a hoax.
Police received a call that someone was robbing the store along U.S. Highway 24-40 and had a weapon, but it was a false report. The call could not be traced, Tonganoxie Police Chief Jeff Brandau said.
Tonganoxie police, Leavenworth County Sheriff’s officers and Kansas Highway Patrol officials responded to the convenience store.
School officials with the Tonganoxie school district placed USD 464 schools under lockdown at the time of the situation.
Giving a false police report is a misdemeanor, Brandau said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police chief, USD 464 superintendent remind motorists of new school year
- Vehicle burglary ring busted
- Prosecutors file charges against Overland Park man shot by Tonganoxie police officer
- Tonganoxie Middle School student hit by SUV in fair condition at Children's Mercy
- Tonganoxie police have identified suspect in Monday's chase, plan to request arrest warrant