Report of armed robbery at Casey’s was fake, police say
A report of an armed robbery Friday afternoon at Casey’s General Store was determined to be a hoax.
Police received a call that someone was robbing the store along U.S. Highway 24-40 and had a weapon, but it was a false report. The call could not be traced, Tonganoxie Police Chief Jeff Brandau said.
Tonganoxie police, Leavenworth County Sheriff’s officers and Kansas Highway Patrol officials responded to the convenience store.
School officials with the Tonganoxie school district placed USD 464 schools under lockdown at the time of the situation.
Giving a false police report is a misdemeanor, Brandau said.
More like this story
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Tonganoxie High assistant takes over helm for boys basketball team
- Kansas Wesleyan unveils new majors, changes to curriculum
- Tonganoxie City Council's Reed to challenge O'Brien for Kansas House seat
- Tonganoxie City Council primary election voter's guide