Jarbalo United Methodist Women met Wednesday, Feb. 8, at the church. The meeting opened with a prayer by president, Marilyn Oxley. Five members answered roll call and reported 60 care calls.
The upcoming Pancake Supper was discussed. It will be March 16 from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. The date was set for the tea, which will be June 15.
Banks were passes out to be brought back next month with the money in them to be given to Missions.
Marilyn Oxley read a story by Eric Metaxes about “Communion on the Moon.” She was also hostess and had old valentines for decoration and served peach pie, pumpkin pie and blackberry cobbler. Those attending were Peachez Joles, Frances Jeannin, Marilyn Oxley, Christine Black and Thamar Barnett.
David and Jane Turner went to a meeting of the Santa Fe Trail Leather Artists Guild at the home of Leon Bell of rural Tonganoxie Saturday afternoon.
Guests of Orville and Rosie Oelschlaeger for lunch Saturday were John Oelschlaeger of Lawrence, Gary Oelschlaeger of Overland Park, Gary and Linda Blanton, Tom Hopp and Kathy Wright all of Highland and Joe and Bobbie Immell of rural Leavenworth. The occasion was a Vollara business information meeting.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures