Livewires 4-H Club
The monthly meeting of the Livewires 4-H club was called to order by President Naomi Parsons at 7 p.m. on Jan. 9. Sydney Murr and Rose Parsons led flag salute. Song leader Josie Parsons and Taylor Lux led the club in singing “I’m a Little Teapot.” Secretary Maria Miller read the minutes of the previous meeting. There were no additions or corrections.
Treasurer Samantha White gave the treasurer's report. Reporter Leah Parsons gave the reporter's report. Community leader Karen Campbell gave the leader's report. There were no other officer reports.
Under new business, the club discussed which dinners we would serve this year. It was moved and seconded to do the Fair board dinner. The motion passed. It was moved and seconded not to do the BIA dinner. That motion also passed. Vice President Holly Ewert did the program. There were two helpful tips. Holly will read the program at the next meeting. Carl Hecht made an announcement about the holiday basket. The motion to adjourn was moved and seconded. The meeting was adjourned.
— Leah Parsons is the reporter for the Livewires 4-H club.
More like this story
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- Sirens failed to sound in Nickerson as tornado hit area
- Kansas sees more tornadoes than normal, but most weak
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career