Power restored in Tonganoxie
Power gradually was restored to Westar Energy customers Monday in Tonganoxie, with some being without power for 3 1/2 hours.
According to the Westar Energy power outage hotline, damaged power lines caused the outage. Westar Energy’s website showed that between 50 and 500 customers were without power at one point Monday night. The outage occurred about 7:30 p.m. and power was restored about 11 p.m.
The outage also affected the traffic signal at U.S. 24-40 and Main, though other areas of town were not affected. The signal at U.S. 24-40 and Fourth Street was functioning during the outage.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie churches offering free eyeglass exams
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kendra Schobert
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education