Power restored in Tonganoxie
Power gradually was restored to Westar Energy customers Monday in Tonganoxie, with some being without power for 3 1/2 hours.
According to the Westar Energy power outage hotline, damaged power lines caused the outage. Westar Energy’s website showed that between 50 and 500 customers were without power at one point Monday night. The outage occurred about 7:30 p.m. and power was restored about 11 p.m.
The outage also affected the traffic signal at U.S. 24-40 and Main, though other areas of town were not affected. The signal at U.S. 24-40 and Fourth Street was functioning during the outage.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas