Knights of Columbus offering free-throw contest
Tonganoxie Knights of Columbus again will sponsor a youth free throw championship.
The local competition will take place starting at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 21 with the girls competition. The boys will begin at 12:30 p.m.
Registration will be 11 a.m. for girls and noon for boys at the Tonganoxie Middle School gymnasium.
Winners at the local championship will advance districts and, if they continue to win, would advance to regional and state competitions.
International champions are announced by the Knights of Columbus International headquarters based on scores from the state-level competitions.
All boys and girls ages 10-14 are eligible to participate and will compete in their respective age divisions.
All contestants on the local level are recognized for their participation in the event. Participants are required to furnish proof of age and written parental consent. For entry forms or additional information, contact Mark Zerrer at (913) 845-2900.
More like this story
- Court documents quantify impact of gay marriage in Kansas
- Kobach: Election fraud cases filed in 2 Kansas counties
- Cowboy event moseying in this weekend into Tonganoxie
- Quapaw tribe seeks dismissal of lawsuit over casino plans
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County