Jalapenos to open next week
Tonganoxie Mexican food lovers will have to wait a bit longer before sampling the offerings at a new city restaurant.
Thomas De LaPaz, one of its owners, said Monday he expected what is to be called Jalapeños to open in about 10 days at 215 West St.
In an interview last month, another owner, Balente Hernandez, told The Mirror the goal was to open the restaurant in late December. And although there has been obvious progress to the building, which now sports a stucco exterior, workers are still busy inside putting in place details. The owners are making over what was Fat Sam's to replicate the decor of the El Mezcal restaurants in Lawrence and Topeka, which are owned by the same group.
More like this story
- Hall resigns at THS girls basketball coach
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate: Charles (Tuna) Conrad
- Aspiring to be a Spire: Freemyer signs with Saint Mary
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map