Jalapenos to open next week
Tonganoxie Mexican food lovers will have to wait a bit longer before sampling the offerings at a new city restaurant.
Thomas De LaPaz, one of its owners, said Monday he expected what is to be called Jalapeños to open in about 10 days at 215 West St.
In an interview last month, another owner, Balente Hernandez, told The Mirror the goal was to open the restaurant in late December. And although there has been obvious progress to the building, which now sports a stucco exterior, workers are still busy inside putting in place details. The owners are making over what was Fat Sam's to replicate the decor of the El Mezcal restaurants in Lawrence and Topeka, which are owned by the same group.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Audience wide awake for Tonganoxie High's 'Drowsy Chaperone'
- All for one and one for all at Tonganoxie's Madrigal Feaste
- Tonganoxie High to present 'The Drowsy Chaperone' next week
- THS staging 'The Drowsy Chaperone' Thursday through Sunday