Man accused of threatening Tonganoxie principal appears in court
A 51-year-old rural Tonganoxie man who allegedly threatened the Tonganoxie High School principal in December at the school had his first appearance Wednesday in Leavenworth County District Court.
Phillip L. Smith faces charges of criminal threat of THS principal Jamie Carlisle, as well as disorderly conduct. The incident occurred about 10 a.m. Dec. 5 at the high school. According to Leavenworth County sheriff’s reports, Smith had gone to the school to address issues of bullying against his daughter.
He allegedly kicked open the door to Carlisle’s office. When Carlisle indicated he was going to contact authorities, the man said, “I may not take care of it here but, by God, I will take care of it somewhere,” the report said.
Smith’s next court appearance is 9 a.m. Feb. 1.
More like this story
- Man arrested for allegedly threatening THS principal
- Local man who allegedly threatened THS principal had gun when arrested
- Man who allegedly threatened Tonganoxie High School principal had gun when arrested
- Tonganoxie man pleads no contest for failure to register as offender
- Driver in fatal crash faces four citations